As a CSO and Non Profit Organization, INEX aimes at promoting sustainable development as well as international education and does NOT work in a profit-oriented way. INEX operates on a tight budget and is therefore able to offer the lowest possible rates to cover the cost incurred. Please see below what is included in your program package.
Participation fee for students enrolled in our partner universities, ISU Costa Rica 07. 2011 (July 2011 program): Euro 1.900,–*
Please contact us, if you’re not sure whether the partner university rate applies to you.
Early Bird Special: Apply before 25 February and save Euro 50. (Everything else stays the same.)
Specifically, the following services are included in the program fee:
- University enrolment fee and participation in all classes, lectures and projects (60 hours of academic courses, 30 hours of Spanish language training, 2 hours of intercultural training)
- Use of university infrastructure (internet computers, library, recreation area, etc)
- All course materials during the program in Costa Rica (including course ledger, digitalized preparatory readings and Spanish course materials)
- All organized social activities (dancing lessons, cultural activities, free participation in ULACIT’s “Sello Verde” activities)
- 1-2 course supporting field trips (eg. visit to a local banana plantation)
- Excursions and recreational activities in Costa Rica as indicated
- Home stay with chosen host families
- Hotels and hostels during travels and weekend trips
- Two meals per day provided by the student’s host family on course days
- Airport transfers in Costa Rica by the host family
- Support from university staff and/or local program manager and guides
Additonal and personal expenses, insurance and flight to Costa Rica are not included. If you arrive early or stay longer, you may stay at your host family’s house for an extra charge. If you wish to stay individually, we will gladly support you in finding hotel accommodation or activities in the area. In this case please indicate your hotel to us and we will arrange for your host family pick up from there.
The participation fee shall be paid within one week after nomination. The payment details will be transmitted in the nomination email. The INEX Withdrawal or Deferral Refund Policy applies from the moment of application. This means that you can withdraw from your application without cost until the moment of nomination. From the moment of nomination up to two weeks before program start a cancellation fee of 20% of the participation fee is due, no refunds can be given for canellations less than two weeks before program start.
* Please note: INEX reserves the right to cancel the program in case of a highly unfavorable financial situation. With a EUR-USD exchange rate of 1,2 or lower on the key date of 01 June 2010 the participation fee will have to be increased by Euro 100,– for coverage of the exchange rate losses. Nominated students will be informed of the proceedings in case of necessity.