As an NGO and Non Profit Organization, INEX aims at promoting international education and does NOT work in a profit-oriented way. INEX operates on a tight budget and is therefore able to offer the lowest possible rates to cover the cost incurred. Please see below what is included in your program package.
The participation fee is Euro 1.600,–*
Included in the program package are:
- Course tuition (60 hours of Spanish language training) at Oteima University in David, imparted by Spanish by the Sea in Bocas del Toro and Ileri in Panama City
- University credit from Oteima, transcripts and course description for credit transfer, approximately 6-7 ECTS
- Workshops and visits given at the well-known Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute
- Two days of volunteer work in different communities
- Use of school infrastructure (internet, common areas, etc)
- Required course materials
- Organized social activities, excursions, field trips and transportation in Panama (please find the schedule in the download area or view the social program section for further details)
- Housing with chosen host families in Panama City, in condominiums in Bocas del Toro and chosen local accommodations in Boquete
- Visit to the old town of Panama City (Casco Viejo) and to the Panama Canal
- Airport transfer to Panama City
- Transfer from Panama City to Bocas del Toro and further on to Boquete and David, by bus and boat as indicated
- Full support from program coordinators, available 24 hours a day
- Initial information handbook including all program details and visitor information
Additional and personal expenses, meals, insurance and flight to Panama are not included.
The participation fee should be paid within one week after confirmation of nomination. Payment details will be sent to you via e-mail.
* Please note: INEX reserves the right to cancel the program in case of a highly unfavorable financial situation. With a EUR-USD exchange rate of 1,35 or lower on the key date of 01 June 2010 the participation fee will have to be increased by Euro 100,– for coverage of the exchange rate losses. Nominated students will be informed of the proceedings if necessary.
The INEX Withdrawal or Deferral Refund Policy applies from the moment of application. This means that you can withdraw your application free of charge until nomination (usually within one week after receipt of application). From the moment of nomination, cancellation fee will be 20% of the participation fee.