Traditionally smoking was a way of preserving food prior to the invention of chemicals and refrigerators. Despite the invention of the modern ways of food preservation, humanity, through several culinary trials and error has come up with best methods of smoking making the traditional method of smoking food survive till today.
The culinary trials and error upgraded the smoking method to another art and science of cooking food in which best delicacy is prepared. Meat smoker is the tool used in smoking.
Based on the source heat that is used to produce smoke, there are five different types of meat smokers;
- • Electric smoker This utilizes electricity to produce heat which in turn causes the wood to produce smoke. The advantage of electric smokers is that it is easy to regulate the heat by dialing to the right temperatures. The two disadvantages it has is that it is expensive and produce less smoked flavor compared to other types.
- • Wood smokers This is the most recommended type due to the pure flavor it gives. The setback, however, posed by wood smokers is the difficulty to keep at a constant temperature which therefore demand a lot of attention compared all the other types.
- • Propane smokers This is the best substitute way to go for people living in areas where electricity is scarce or very expensive. It uses gas-fueled flame to make wood pellets smolder and produce smoke. Propane smokers are simple to use.
- • Pellet smokers This is very similar to wood smokers but in this case the pellets are placed in an oven-like compartment. The disadvantage it has is being very expensive.
- • Charcoal smokers This is somewhat cheap and most preferable among barbecue masters due to the likelihood that it gives more flavor in comparison with electric smokers. Going through the above classification, you will be able to make an informed and wise choice on the best meat smoker for the money that will suit your needs well. The slow cooking process of meat smokers will work wonders for your chunk meat; from Beef briskets, Pork shoulders and Waygu beef. In smoking meat you pick the wood depending on the type flavor you require. Different types of wood give the best flavors when used to smoke specific type of meat. Examples of the wood and the recommended type of including the following;
- • Applewood- pork, fish, and poultry
- • Maple- poultry, and ham
- • Mesquite- use with other woods
- • Oak- big cuts of meat
- • Cherrywood- red meat and pork
- • Alder- poultry, fish and white meat
- • Hickory- red meat Outstanding meat smokers for the money in the market today is Traeger and Green Mountain Grill.
Both have the advantage of having a grill beside being just smokers. They also have the temperature control that enables you to choose between high and low temperatures. However, these two have differences in their features and how they are ranked which prompts me to review both of them to make your shopping much easier.
Traeger Vs Green Mountain Grill reviews In terms of size, Traeger has grills more than 600 squares inch which make it suitable for preparation of meat for you and many people while Green Mountain Grill is smaller making it suitable for an individual or two people. Green Mountain Grill is easier too since it has the wifi enabled grill that one can regulate the temperature using the mobile app on his smartphone. Traeger grills are still a little traditional.
Green Mountain Grill has digital that is used for temperature control by use of buttons. You can adjust to a minimum of 150 or 500 degrees Fahrenheit using the app on your mobile. Traeger, on the other hand, has LED display but smaller temperature range compared to Green Mountain Grill. Traeger has four legs that provide a lot of stability while Green Mountain Grill has legs which fold up and down provide less stability compared to grill. Meat Smokers for the money provide you with freshest and high quality smoked meat. Make your best choice today based on the above information and get one for yourself.
In as much as the exchange students come to study, it is never that serious all the time. You also need to make sure that you have all it takes to ensure they have fun and engage in social and physical activities. Depending on the rule of the institution the college can organize something useful, alternatively, they can also choose to go outside the campus and still have fun. The choice of this depends on many factors in which some of them include:
Playing table tennis
Alex table tennis in specific is a good form of play. It is a tool in which you just have to make sure that you engage both the brain and the physical body in form of exercise. It is a tool that helps you to manage all forms of sporting. At the same time, it makes you have good social relations among the students. It is an exchange program so you expect to have students from different races, it is at this point that they create social relations and bond.
Engaging in cycling
Cycling is also a fun activity that can make exchange students unwind from the tough coursework. It is an activity that allows the student to have a bonding session and at the same time deal with all manner of activities. It is a simple yet strenuous activity. At the and of it, the students may have relaxed making them have a fruitful way of unwinding in a foreign land.
Taking a nature walk
You can also opt to take a walk around the institution or just outside of it The interaction with nature is therapeutic in such a way that at one point you may wish to learn many things away from home. It is a good moment to also bond and gets away from the hassles of books to rejuvenate or rather refresh.
Playing a board game
If you have a health challenge if it is that time of the year where you experience winter and going out is not an option then you can opt to play a board game. Depending on the choice you have a variety of options on which one you really need to choose. Scrabble, monopoly, puzzle games are also some of the options available. At the same time, you also need to make sure that you have interest in the game for you to have maximum enjoyment. Just in case you are an introvert and you just want your own company then you can also play using a computer.
Do you love listening to music? Do you have a passion for music and you can sing? This is the best option for you. You can form a singing group that you have scheduled times which you meet and just form a singing group for the same.
There are many activities exchange students can engage in, all you need is just to make sure that you have the interest and choose if you want an outdoor or an indoor activity. You can choose to do them single-handedly or in a group.